At Charlie's Pet your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled carefully and securely in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- what kind of personal information we may gather about you;
- how we may use that information and the choices you have regarding our use of such information;
- whether we disclose your personal information to anyone;
- how you may inquire, access and/or seek correction of your personal information and our access and correction handling procedure; and
- how you may alert us about an alleged breach of the APPs and our complaint handling procedure.
Collection of Personal Information
The amount of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We will collect personal information from you if you:
- apply to become a registered user of our website
- order goods from our website;
- make a product or service enquiry;
- subscribe to one of our mailing lists;
- complete a product registration form or warranty (as applicable);
- correspond with us, including by email;
- complete an application or enter into an agreement;
- call our Customer Service line;
- enter a promotion
- sell and deliver our products and services to you;
- improve our service;
- send you direct marketing material by email or post;
- respond to your questions or requests for information;
- manage warranty claims and provide after sales service;
- assist us forecast the future demand for our products and services;
- analyse our website usage;
- enhance the content of our website;
- keep a record of our dealings with each other; and
- comply with legal obligations.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services. If you choose to use our website to share content with another person, we will use the recipient’s email address to provide that service, but will not use that email address for any other purpose.
To customise your user experience on our website we will provide you with the opportunity to connect, access and/or interact with third-party social networking services, such as Facebook and Instagram. By connecting to your Charlie's Pet account through these third-party social networking services, you are authorising Charlie's Pet to access and use certain information from your social network profile. You can opt-out of authorising Charlie's Pet from collecting or accessing your information when you are not using the application and you can cancel this service at any time by deleting the application from your social network account.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Charlie's Pet recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and so will not give your personal information to third parties unless:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for a related purpose; or
- we are required to do so by law.
The third parties we will typically share your personal information with include companies in our own business network, your authorised representatives and service providers which we use to conduct our business, functions and activities. These organisations may be involved or conduct:
- mailing, shipping or courier operations;
- information technology services;
- legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- credit reporting services;
- promotions and competitions;
- market research
- billing and debt collecting functions
- website usage analysis
If we disclose personal information in countries outside Australia, we will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws and if we reasonably believe that the information will remain subject to principles for fair handling of the information which are substantially similar to the applicable Australian privacy laws.
Website data and cookies
When you visit our website, we collect your server address, domain name and information regarding the pages which you visit and links that you click on. This information is used for statistical and website development purposes only.
Charlie's Pet uses Remarketing to deploy targeted advertising online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet.
Ourselves and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visits to our website.
Charlie's Pet sends marketing emails to recipients who have created an Charlie's Pet account, have provided their email address Charlie's Pet or to a marketing partner of Charlie's Pet.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from Charlie's Pet, you may click the “unsubscribe” link in the email
We will only collect sensitive information from you relating to race, ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health and medical history with your consent and only use it for the purposes for which it is provided. We do not typically collect such information.
The security of your information is important to us. We operate secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. We have implemented generally acceptable standards of technology and operational security to ensure personal information (in both physical and electronic form) is protected against loss, misuse, interference and unauthorized access.
Only authorized personnel and contractors are provided access to personal information and have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of this information. Reasonable steps are taken to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer required.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. You should however be aware that the internet is not a secure environment and information sent via the internet (including email) cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date. We appreciate you assisting us by letting us know if your personal information has changed.
You have a right of access to most personal information we hold about you and the right to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. To request access, please contact our privacy officer, whose contact details are set out below. We will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we may require in writing, and we will process it in a reasonable time.
Queries and complaints
Address: Rose Crescent, Auburn 2144 NSW
Phone Number: (02) 9738 1118